Welcome message from the IRFA President & Chairperson
2017 sees the Institute of Retirement Funds Africa celebrate its 30 year of existence. We have been a driving force in the South African retirement sector over this time and will continue to serve not only South African pensions stakeholders but the whole continent. We have increased our collaboration with other public benefit and professional organisation and know that this is the best way we can learn and grow.
We asked our members what the IRFA needs to deliver and you told us:
1) Support with understanding governance and tools to create and implement effective governance frameworks and
2) Play an advocacy role representing the interests of pensions stakeholders. Thank you for confirming your needs. Based on this feedback we have developed a conference programme that speaks to these needs:
- Seminars focussed on providing delegates with tools and practices that will ensure that they are better equipped to deal with the day-to-day management of their funds;
- Views from international practitioners and theorists;
- Input from the South African government and various social partners as well as the Registrar of Pension Funds and the Pension Funds Adjudicator; and
- A life-style speaker to address personal growth as an essential part of becoming a more effective participant in the pensions environment.
We look forward to hosting you at this very special IRFA conference and hope that each and everyone of you will join us for our 30th birthday party.
Wayne Hiller van Rensburg
IRFA: President & Chairperson